Top 5 Simple Tips to make less mistakes at tennis…...
1. You are racing the ball. It is a race, you against the ball, to get in position before the ball lands on your side. Can you be stopped, balanced with the ball in the correct place before the ball bounces?
2. Make a smooth turn with our shoulders as you move to hit groundstrokes so when you get into position the racket is already back.
3. Work on having a consistent contact point (i.e. where your racket makes contact with the ball). When you hit a good shot then remember where the ball was positioned and practise replicating it.
4. Have a long hitting zone. Hit forwards through the ball - not across your body. This will keep strings facing the ball for longer meaning you are more likely to hit it out the middle.
5. Practise as much as you can but with a purpose. Have a target for every shot you hit. It might be as simple as a rally of 10 over and in, 10 over and in past the service line. What matters is that you have an aim for your practise.